Sunday, January 08, 2006

January 8, 2006...my decorating style


Nikki at SBO is doing an exercise with all of us every Sunday. She is giving us journaling prompts. This sunday it is to journal about our decorating style. I guess mine is Pottery Barn meets the bargain shopper. I love the look of Pottery Barn, but refuse to spend the money.

All the walls in my house are some shade of brown. I like the color of dirt, it hids little hand prints and anything the dog may bring in. My trim is white and I am in to crown molding and waiscotting. Earthy warm tones I guess. Here is a picture of my house at Christmas. I love the way it looks with lots of candles burning and the lights down low. Another way to hide the dirt. LOL And, don't think it looks like this all the time....because it sure does not.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Beautiful! I love the color of dirt also!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Julie Ann Shahin said...

Gorgeous. I wish my DH would go for wainscoting!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I love this look! I love the earth tones as well!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

My house is dirt colored also - great minds think alike. I was drawn to these particular browns at first because i liked the names - Cream In My Coffee and Moose Mousse.

Hope you feel better soon!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Julie Ann Shahin said...

More pictures please.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home