Saturday, January 07, 2006

January 7, 2006

Gail made her first penance today. Penance is one of the sacraments you make in the Catholic Church. You basically tell the priest all your sins, what sins does an 8 year old have? He then forgives you and sends you on your way with a few prayers to say.

So we are in church and Gail is getting ready for her turn with the priest. She looked so cute when she sat down with him. I was teary eyed. I watched her do her thing and then she came back and said he told her to say an Our Father as her penance. That was all good...we said it together. Our Father....

I then asked her what she told him were her sins. She said. "Oh Mommy, I told him I needed to be forgiven for the time I hit Grant in the head with a pipe".

"So Gail, what else did you tell him?"

"Nothing Mommy, that was it."

Don't you just love kids! I am sure the 11 priest that were their today were having quite a laugh at home tonight with all the things they must have heard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home