Monday, December 05, 2005

Snow...Memories




Well, it snowed over the weekend in MA. It was so pretty, the kind of snow that is light enough to shovel but sticky enough to make each and every branch you see glisten.

Julie Ann over at SBO has challenged us all to write in our blogs and has given us little assignments to go along with it. The first assignement is to talk about your fondest memories of playing in the snow. I just love this one.

The first person I thought of was my best buddy Jill. The picture above was taken at our 8th Grade Graduation. We have been friends since we were 2ish. We grew up together in Boston and she lives in WI now with her DH and three kids. We lived in a really great neighboorhood. We had the coolest group of friends. We were the youngest and the smallests. What that gets you in the Eastland Rd. neighborhood was the title of "Igloo Tunnell Digger". We used to have so much snow, or that is what I remember about it. And in 1978 we had the "Blizzard of 78". Well, needless to say lots of snow forts were built during that time. Jill and I were always sent in first to dig the tunnell. Becasue we were the smallest. Now, looking back that was pretty stupid, seeing that no one else could fit in the tunnel except for us. But, we did whatever Larry Craven and John Connell would tell us to do. They were the leaders of the Eastland Gang. LOL.



It has been a long time since I built a fort. But I did find those little snow block makers that I had when I was little when I was shopping a few weeks back. Bought them for my kids for Christmas. I hope my kids enjoy them as much as Jill and I did. I will have to ask Jill the next time I talk to her is her kids have them.

What great memories. I am glad that Julie Ann got me thinking about this. I miss being a kid so much lately. No stress, so much time on your hands, and SANTA. Wow, I can't wait for him to come visit me this year.

Enjoy your day ladies.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What fun reading your snow memories. I must do this!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Julie Ann Shahin said...

I need to know where you got those snow block makers. My little nephew loves playing in the snow...that's all he wanted to do on Thanksgiving Day. What a great gift! I love your jouranling...I do remember that blizzard!

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blizzard was the coolest! Larry was definitely the leader of the Eastland boys, but it was Connell that goading Craven into half the things he did.

tee hee

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home