Thursday, October 06, 2005

I'm back.


So I created this blog and then have not been back for a week. I guess I am back tonight because Julie Ann, one of my DT Members on my website, www.scrapbookeronline.com, said she was gong to be blog hopping tonight. I said to myself I better rush over here and get something in so she has something to read..

Crazy busy week for me, that is why I have not been back. I keep thinking I need to stop by and then I get going on something else and you know what happens when you are busy.

I am so happy it is Thursday, that means it the start of my weekend. Yes, I am one of the lucky ones that only has to work three days a week. But, those three days are really tough. 7am - 6pm on Tuesday and Wednesday and 7am - 5pm on Thursday. I am exhausted by the end of the week.

I think I am extra tired this week due to the fact I did not get much sleep this past weekend. I went away one of my quilting weekends, with my quilt guild. I belong to the Proper Bostonian Quilters Guild. My mom is a member also, and she runs all the quilt camp trips. She is the Julie McCoy of the guild. So we stay at a retreat center in Ocean Park Maine. Yes, it is a retreat center, run by nuns. There are all these cute little ladies in their habits greeting you at every corner and they love to come visit us in the conference room to see what we are making.

Well, we stayed up very late each night, about 2 am to be exact. And then we were up early, had to get all the time we could to be creative. For the first time on this trip I did not bring my sewing machine. I scrapped all weekend. And gosh is was awesome. I felt like I accomplished so much. I put together my whole summer album, did 3 layouts, my rolodex cards for the swap I am involved in, and I started to knit a scarf. Was I a busy lady or what?

Oh, I almost forgot. I got to spend the weekend with two of my best girlfriends also. Jen Connell and Jenn Kelly. They had a great time. Jenn C. made her first quilt and Jenn Kelly make two quilt tops. They were very productive ladies also. Great job!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

I have never quilted, but reading your blog makes me want to. (gee I should not pick up another hobby right now). Glad you are back. I love that lo by the way!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely love this layout! The colors are so soothing and your photo is amazing!

Sounds like the retreat was a great break for you and you got a ton accomplished! Good for you!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Julie Ann Shahin said...

Glad that you had fun quilting!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Hi my name is Marjorie said...

Sounds like you had fun...

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home