Saturday, January 27, 2007

January 26, 2007

CHA Trip....Day 1

Well, it was an early morning for me today. The car picked me up at 4:04 am to take me to Logan Airport. My flight left at 7:00am and living an hour from the airport makes for an early rise. I was all packed the night before and Gregg was so sweet, he had all my bags waiting at the garage door along with my favorite orange scone from Panera. Love that guy! I kissed the kiddos good bye and headed off to CHA!!! Yeepie, I am so excited!!!

My first flight went well, besides the fact I was crammed into a window seat in I think the smallest area of the plane. I sat next to the East Coast Sales Director for Crocs, thank goodness I had my real Mary Janes on and not some knock off. LOL. He showed me the new spring catalog, WOWZAA, they are going to make the MJ in shimmering colors!!! I have got to get some of those ladies!

So both flights were pretty uneventful. I like that seeing I am not much of a flyer. I did get a really cool show from the plane when we were going over UTAH!! Right before we landed in Salt Lake City. I am just amazed by the mountains out here. Nothing like NE. They are so breathtaking, I could not stop staring out the window.

Off to IKEA!

Jen and Lou Strano (www.stranodesigns.com) picked me up at the Ontario Airport and then we were off to IKEA to pick up a few things they needed to finish up their booth. What is a trip to CA without going to IDEA. My mother would have been psyked. We then had lunch at the Old World Deli, I had a super yummy chicken salad sandwich. Then it was off to my hotel, I pretty much packed it in for the rest of the night. I fell asleep about 6:30 CA time, I was so tired.

So, here I sit writing my blog entry at 6:00 am on Sat. I have been up for two hours now. Hope I can make it through the day. I am off to take a class at 8:00am and then to help Jen and Lou finish up the booth. I can't wait to get onto the trade floor and see everyone getting their booths ready for tomorrow. How exciting this must be for so many people. I know I am excited, yet nervous. But, a little nerves never hurt....right? Tell me I am right.



Enjoy your day ladies, BBL!!


5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

OMGosh MF...I can feel the excitement in your post! Can't wait to hear more! I think I'll be an official blog-stalker for the next couple of days! ;) Have fun!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

This is so exciting! Go MFF!!! Go Strano!!! Go SBO!!!!

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post MF...I can live vicariously thru you. I would love to go some day!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Sue K. said...

yay MF! I can't wait to hear all about it. :D

8:09 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

I've been holding off clicking on your blog so there would lots to read and I was sooo NOT disappointed. Great posts and it sounds like a blast! Live it up!

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home