Tuesday, October 10, 2006

October 10, 2006

Look What I slept Under Last Night!

My mother made this beautiful quilt for Gregg and I. It is a whopping 10ft x 10ft, fits our King Size Bed perfectly. It goes down the sides just enough that it covers the sheetsl. I so hate when the sheets peak through the bottom of your quilt or comforter.

My mother has been wanting to make a quilt for Gregg and I for years. But, with Belle sleeping in our bed each night a work of art was just not something you let the dog sleep on. LOL. My mother had started this quilt before Belle passed away last month, not knowing she would be gone. How ironic. My house is filled with quilts from my mother. The kid's beds each have at least three on them, the boys have new Red Sox/Baseball ones and Gail has one for her new loft. But, this one is special, just so special, and it is mine. And I got to sleep under it last night for the first time. I could feel the love.

Thanks Ma....I LOVE IT. I need to stop typing and call you right now and tell you again. I love the patchwork feel it has, the way you collected the florals and had your quilting buddies help with the placment and choice of colors.

And then there is the back. With the holiday and winter scenes, I totally love the back as much as the front. Gregg likes the back better. It looks like an old...really old quilt when you turn it over. WTG Ma!! You rocked this one, like you do all the quilts you create.

Thanks for thinking of me, and taking the time to create me my own masterpiece. I will cherish it always.

6 Comments:

Blogger {patty} said...

That quilt is gorgeous, I would love to see the other side. My grandmother made all of use quilts and we got a wedding ring quilt for our Wedding present. I totally understand the love, there is a bit added with each stitch I'm sure!!!

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!!!that is stunning! and HUGE!!!!! i hate it when the sheets poke out too

10:17 AM  
Blogger Sue K. said...

gorgeous quilt! And I am so with you on the sheet thing, lol!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Patrizzia said...

That is amazing. It brought tears to my eyes. There is nothing better in this world than a gift made from the heart!

Wow what a wonderful mother you have.

Enjoy it MF & Gregg!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Wow...that quilt is gorgeous!!! Beautiful and such a wonderful treasure from your mother!

2:22 PM  
Blogger LaurieStar said...

I love the quilt! Your mother is a talented lady! My Mom is a quilter too - though not as prolific as yours!

Pictures of the back sometime???

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home