Thursday, June 22, 2006

June 22, 2006

I AM BACK!!!

I cannot believe it has been one month and 8 days since my last post. God, I feel like I am at confession. My life has been in a world wind for the last two months. I am leaving my job of 12 years at the Harvard Business School, the kids have been playing softball (Gail), T-Ball (Grant), Gymnastics, Brownies, First Communion, Grady turned 4, Scrapbooking Workshops, Birthday Parties, End of the year scrapbooks for both Gail and Grant's teachers, 18 clipboards, and one pooped out lady I am.

I was just over at one of my DT members blogs, Julie Ann's Musings and was so impressed by her dedication to her blog and her craft. I read through her blog and then quickly kick myself in the ass to get back over here.

My last day of work in next Thursday, June 29th. I am feeling quite weird about the whole thing. I never thought I would leave my job at HBS, it has become part of me. But circumstances that came up yet again with my work schedule helped Gregg and I come to the conclusion that it was time for me to move on. I needed to dump the 3 hour commute a day, not seeing the kids as much, and having to run SBO late at night.

I am stating a new chapter in my life on June 29th and I am very excited. I am going to work on my vision and strategic plan for not only SBO but also my family’s lives and mine. There will be more time read with Grady, scrapbook with Gail, clean my house and just be happy ME.

There are good things to come for this lady. I just need to get through the next week or so and we will see what life has in store for MF and SBO.

Oh, one last thing. Thought I would share one of my latest layouts of Grant. Is he the cutest of what??? Moody little guy but very cute.




7 Comments:

Blogger Hi my name is Marjorie said...

Yay we get to hog your time more...ha ha ha

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful new journey you are headed on, Maryfrances! I am lovin' that layout! Such cute photos, and the title and stamping rock!

4:30 AM  
Blogger Corey W. said...

I wish you the best of luck! I know you'll love the "new chapter"!!!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Julie Ann Shahin said...

It's about d@#n time lady! I keep checking your blog - finally an awesome update!!!! So exciting. Yay. :) Love ya.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I'm so out of it I didn't know you were making such a big change! It will be AWESOME to have you around more! I can't wait to watch you spread those new wings!

Great page MF - I missed it at SBO, so i'm glad I found it here!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Yay your back!!!!!

7:05 AM  
Blogger LaurieStar said...

Hey - you visited my blog!!

Quitting your job is scary and tough - I quit for similar reasons, too. I was driving three hours each day and was so frazzled - and I felt bad about being away from my son for so long. -- So I know what it's like!

Yay to you for a new start!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home