Wednesday, April 05, 2006

April 5, 2006

I got this quote below from one of my favorite blogs, Creative Collage. This really hit home for me. Someone also commented about how so many people get wrapped up in getting published and HOF that they sometimes loose site of why they are doing this. For me it is cherishing the memories for my family and children, sharing the simple things in life with others, and finding joy in creating something.

Getting published is a wonderful thing, and very uplifting. I was very excited the first time it happened to me. But, on the other hand it is a lot of work, and can take you away from creating a page or memory for yourself and by your terms. Keep in mind finding that happy medium. It is out there, you just have to find it.

Enjoy!!

Our human landscape is overburdened
with competitions and contests.
ART need not be a contest.
ART
is a personal quest for quality.
Quality is the forerunner of acceptance.
Character is the forerunner of quality.
Be your own discriminating connoisseur.
It's this understanding that can take you
down the aisle to creative happiness.
- Robert Genn, internationally acclaimed artist

4 Comments:

Blogger kelly a said...

MaryJo...I am thrilled that you are spreading the message!!! thanks...
kelly

11:33 AM  
Blogger Julie Ann Shahin said...

Well said MFF!!!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this MFF!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

LOVE it... Now, that is one quote I abosolutely love!!!

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home