Monday, January 30, 2006

January 30, 2006

CHA...DAY 1

Hey Laides, Well we made it to Vegas late last night. 11pm Vegas time but 2am our time. So needless to say we were very tired. The flight went great. No bumps, no nothing. YEEPIE!! Man are there lots of people in Vegas, WOW. Even at 11pm the airport was hopping, and the cue for the taxis was a hoot. We waiting for about 1/2 an hour, not that bad. We arrived at our hotel and had to wait a huge line to check in, UUGH. Then our room can not be any further away from the elevator. But, enough of that stuff. One to the excitement.

So we arrived at the convention hall at about 9am. Went straight to BG, OMG...we could not even get near the place. But, we did go back later and ladies no need to worry. We bought every new collection, new rub ons, more die cut tools, and chipboard monograms.

We then with Jennifer Strano from Strano designs. She showed us all her ribbon and we check out all the new colors she has added since we met in Manchester back in May. She mentioned Sara Baker and how she fell in love with baby Ruby last year. She even had Sarah's matchbook album she sent her on display. Will get a photo of that when I go back to put our order in. She has even named a ribbon after Ruby, we will be adding that to the store for sure.

We visit American Crafts, Makng Memories, Fancy Pants designs, Sweetwater, Carolees Creations, Rusty Pickle, 7 Gypsies, and a few more but I can't remembers.

Some highights from today.

Sweetwater is so sweet. Got to ge me some of that. Awesome papers and little album kits. Adding those for sure.
















At Making Memories they have added a new line of home decor items. Huge chipboard letters in differnt words that you embellish plus frames, clocks, boxes, etc. Very cool.





















Then in the MM booth I happen to run into this lovely lady. Donny Dowery. Very cool, considering what I went through to get my hands on the large computer disks that she make albums out of. I told her how awesome her book was. She was very pleasent.

















I have more to upload but it is 3:45 our time and we have not eaten lunch yet. We are also going back for a reception and key note speaker. So off for now ladies. Hope you are all well. More to come.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Mf...it looks like you're having such a blast! Looks like SO many new and awesome things! Have a wonderful time and can't wait to see what you get!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oh MF...It's so awsome that you met Donna Downey. I love her. Glad ur having fun. Can't wait to see all the new stuff in the store.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Lesley said...

Wahooo.. have yourself a blast...!!!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Julie Ann Shahin said...

Yay MFF! Woohoo. I'm so excited for you.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Ahhhh...so cool! Those MM home decor letters are so mine! :)

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! MF how much fun!!! so exciting to hear about all this through you....and let me just say that I am FLIP FREAKIN' out that STRANO has my book up.....really???at CHA???? yikers, i thought it was just such a funny little thing...cuse me here for hijacking the note...
have so much fun! and thanks for keeping us in the loop!
P.S.
need letters from MM!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Hi my name is Marjorie said...

Well look at you all sassy and cute next to Ms Donna. LOL Looks like a lot of fun!!!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Hopping up and down in my seat as I type. That is a big accomplishment because I am sick....

Did you tell Donna D, I said hi!? Not that she would remember me, but it is nice to think she might. Looks like you are having a wonderful time!

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home