Wednesday, July 26, 2006

July 26th, 2006

Childhood Memories

Jill is coming to visit this Friday. I have been thinking about when we were kids this week. Boy did we have fun.

I remember playing Kick the Can out in front of Jill's cousin Neils house. We would play for hours. I loved hiding in the big tree in Miss Bertha's yard. She was a crazy old lady and did not like it if we were in her yard, but that tree was awesome.

I also remember playing gymnastics in the middle of the street. We would play the Olympics and the balance beam was the curb of the sidewalk. We always did this in front of Jill's house.

Oh, and there was little duckie daddle!! We would sing the song then stick our heads in buckets of water and see how long we could stay under water. How stupid were we. But boy did we have fun. We all managed to make it. No one drowned. I think there is even a picture of us doing it somewhere. I saw it recently. Problably at my mothers house. Got to check next time I am down there.

Enjoy your day. Only 364 days till I turn 40.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie Ann Shahin said...

Awesome memories. I wish I had lived in your neighborhood.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home