Sunday, July 23, 2006

July 23, 2006




















First off I must say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Grandmother Claire. She is 85 today. The kids just called and sang to her. Very cute.

But, this post is about my mother, especially her sewing room which I went and spent three days in this week. I cleaned it out, and I MEAN, cleaned it out. We purged a total of 8 garbage bags filled with CRAP!!! They were not your normal garbage bags also. They were the huge heavy duty ones. We also came up with 2 large bins of fabric for her to bring to her quilt guild, Proper Bostonian Quilter, they will all find delight in picking through all these goodies. We also put together a bin for Sister Claire, she is the fun NUN that hangs out at the guild meetings also. AND we color coordinated all her fabric, as you can see to the left here.

We trashed old craft supplies, put a bin together for the art teacher at Gail and Grant's school, gave some things away to neighbors, trashed an old table and moved 3 chairs and 4 sewing machines to her basement along with my Grandmothers hope chest and various other things. We went wild, or I went wild. See we had to make room for her new Machine Quilting Machine she bought earlier in the week. It is a long arm sewing machine that sits on a 10 foot frame that allows you to machine quilt any size quilt. She has been wanting one for years and finally took the plunge. YAY MOM!!

So anyway, here are the before and afters. I must send this link to her guild members. The ladies are going to flip over this. Glad you like it MA, enjoy. Now get cracking and make me my quilt!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Happay Mommay aka Happay Scrappay said...

what a fantastic workspace! great job getting it all ready to have fun in!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

wow that is a lot of work, but man look how wonderful the space looks now!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

WOW! You worked haaaaaaard!! Looks so nice!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Julie Ann Shahin said...

Yay Mom! What an awesome space and now soooooo organized. Fantastic!

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home